My model is behaviorist
This is 2 different assignments.
and it is 2 pages and the reference page for each one.
Article source for 1 review
and book source for second
Assignment 2a and 2b: Article Reviews (a total of two are required – different due dates)
ARTICLE REVIEW FORMAT
Using the Article Review Format provided below, respond to a peer-reviewed journal article (you will do
this as two separate assignments with different due dates–
2a. – due week 2 and 2b. due week 5). One
article must address any topic covered in the first five chapters of the textbook as it relates to curriculum
(e.g., behavioral approach to curriculum, theory and practice,etc.).
The other article must directly address
any specific curriculum model. You may use any model in the textbook or another one that interests you
(e.g., Tyler’s rationale, the learner-centered curriculum model,etc.). Include a copy of the article with each
review. No more than 2 pages will be permitted (the instructor will not read past that; one purpose of the
review is to help you develop concise, cogent and analytical writing).
You will read an article and write a short narrative to describe the paper.
Your summary should be no more
than 2-3 paragraphs (unless you chose a very long article). The tone of your response should be academic
in nature. In the response section, you should be critical as you analyze the reading. Consider the subject
matter of the article but think about the perspective of the author. Decide if the reading sufficiently covers
the topic and describe your perspective. Were your opinions challenged? Determine the extent of the
validity and reliability of the work you are reading.
Discuss what you found interesting, enlightening,
contributory, challenging or inappropriate and explain why you thought this. Then, discuss how you could
apply what you learned in the article to your curriculum (this is the application section).
Generated: 5/18/2022 Page 7 of 20
Here are some specifications and suggestions:
1. The deliverable for this assignment is a short narrative. This is about 500-800 word double-spaced
typed at 12 point font. It’s the quality of your words we are interested in, not the quantity.
2. Reflect on the “big” ideas presented in the paper/article. Describe these in detail.
3. Do not make lists or use bullets.
4. Subheadings are helpful to provide structure for your paper (Introduction, Summary,
Response/Analysis, CurriculumApplications, References
– see p. 41 of APA 7
th ed. Manual).
5. Proofread your work! Use correct grammar, spelling, sentence structure,etc. This is expected in all
graduate level writing.
6. Use examples to support your thoughts, opinions,and perspectives.
7. Limit quotations in the response and analysis section (do not quote in the summary section). Only
quote if it is something unique to the literature that should not be stated in your own words.
Remember, you only have so many words… this narrative needs to be your work.
8. It is helpful to describe your thoughts on the article but do not rant or bash the ideas presented. This is
9. You may use first person. Do not use the phrase “the writer/the author” when referring to yourself.
Few journals consider this appropriate.
10. Organize your materials and develop an introduction and conclusion.
11. Be very careful to avoid plagiarism (even self-plagiarism).
12. Use APA style.
a total of 4 pages, 2 different assignments 20.00 tip for completion by Sunday
THE RUBRIC IS ATTACHED
My model is behaviorist